Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer, Model No. 110.70052991. It

I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer, Model No. 110.70052991. It seems to be stuck in one cycle and neither unplugging or attempting to reset in anyway has worked. It will run, but it beeps constantly while running.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today!
Please elaborate on the "stuck in on cycle" issue. Is it that the machine will NOT shut off on its own ? Is it the same when you try a timed dry cycle? Are the beeps random in nature or is it maybe 3 beeps then a pause, then the same again? Any warning lights illuminated or just the beeping?

Edited by Eric on 10/19/2009 at 11:34 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is in "Permanent Press" mode and it is not possible to select another. It is possible to select a different auto dryness level. It does shut down on its own. The beeps are a very fast group of three with a slight break. The check lint filter light comes on as well, but there is not any lint on the filter.
This is a classic symptom of a failing control panel/touchpad assembly. First, You should remove the ribbon cable from the touchpad where it connects to the main controller under the console and plug it back in FIRMLY, then try again. If that does not solve the problem the touchpad will need to be replaced with part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNat $184.74 (Sears pricing) if the machine is white and part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN at $163.19 if its graphite colored. Unfortunately there is no EASY fix for this except replacement of the panel IF reseating the ribbon does not do the trick. There is a tech sheet under the console that will enable you to run diagnostic tests on the machine to help in diagnosis but believe me, based on your description of the symptoms and my experience with the machine the panel is failing and eventually you wil have no control over the machine whatsoever. Please let me know if you need further information.