Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

The bottom oven of my GE Profile double oven will not heat

The bottom oven of my GE Profile double oven will not heat.
Hello, I can help you with this. Is this an electric or gas oven? Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Mike
Does the broiler work in that oven?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, the broiler does not work on the bottom oven. The light works and the digital control panel works. When I set it to Bake, it shows 100 degrees and stays there. The top oven is convection, the bottom oven is not.
Ok what is the model number of this oven? should be inside the door or if this is a double oven range it maybe inside the drawer at the bottom.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
326B1230P001
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry Mike, it's J TP56B0A1BB
Ok this looks like it going to be a thermal limit switch that is bad (some of them are resetable) your going to have to remove the control board display. Once behind there you will see 2 limit switches. test both of them with an ohms meter. they should both read infinite but im betting one is bad. Here is a link to a schematic that may help you find the limits. The part numbers you are looking for is 158 and 159. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=216517&diagram_id=21205724#d21205724
If you have any other questions please feel free to comment again. Mike