Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

GE model#WHRE5260E1WW does not drain completely. Water stands

GE model#WHRE5260E1WW does not drain completely. Water stands under tank and washer has an odor. Drain hose is not kinked and is clog free. Washer seems to be OK other than not completely draining.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you with this today!
It sounds like you have a partial obstruction of the tub to pump hose OR the pump impeller cavity itself, or the pump motor is wearing out causing an incomplete drain.If we are only talking about a little water left in the tub, the machine will STILL enter a spin and complete the spin cycle without detecting the presence of that small amount of water still in the tub. It has no way of doing so. Remove the front panel and remove the tub to pump hose and check COMPLETELY for an obstruction. Now check the pump inlet itself for obstruction and the pump impeller for damage. If you find no damage or obstruction anywhere, you will need to replace the pump. The part # XXXXX XXXXX and its around $60.00 from most suppliers. Its also VERY easy to install. Just two screws and two hoses and thats it! As far as the smell, after we rectify the drainage problem, I reccomend a product called Affresh to perform a complete and hands-off cleaning of the inside of the machine.
Please let me know if you need further information!
Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Eric...
Thanks for your quick and complete answer. Hose and pump are not damaged or obstructed so it appears I need to replace the pump. I'm thinking it's not possible to walk in somewhere and purchase so I will need to order online.
Thanks for your help. Customer