Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does LD blinking on a Whirlpool Cabrio washer mean?

This means that your unit thinks that it can't drain the water in the tub all the way. It stands for "Long Drain".

You may need to unplug your machine and tip the machine backwards. Remove the drain pump and check the hoses to see if anything is clogging the drain pump from draining properly.

Read full interaction below »

What does "LD" blinking and a beeping sound on a whirlpool Cabrio washing machine mean?

Category: Appliance

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is the drain pump? I can see that water is still in the drum but when I press the start button I only hear a humming sound. Can you tell me what is going on? I have had this washing machine for about two and half years.

It sounds like your drain pump is clogged by something. The drain pump is the part that is humming. Tip the machine backwards and locate the part that is humming, you will need to unplug the unit and remove this part to see what is blocking the drain pump from working.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How do I get to the drain pump and where is it located on this washing machine?

I just explained, tip the washer backwards and locate the part that is humming. depending on the model it should be located near the back of the unit at the bottom, but there are two pumps that look identical, a drain pump and a recirculation pump so you need to figure out which is the one that is humming to know which one is the drain pump.