Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

I would like to purchase an ASKO front loading washer and dryer

I would like to purchase an ASKO front loading washer and dryer that are stackable. I moved to FW TX about 15 mos. ago from Charlottesville VA where I had the same ASKO set up for 8 yrs. Getting repairs (the few times necessary) was limited but for my purposes was fine. I looked into getting the machines in FW and was discouraged to do so by an appliance salesman online who indicated that they needed frequent repairs and it was hard to find repair people. Would you please let me know how many repair people are in the Fort Worth area and what the average wait time for repairs is?
Thank you, Rosalie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to help you as much as possible today!
Asko does not have their own service providers but like many manufacturers, they contract out their service to local providers and because of that , they have little to no control over response times of the particular provider, but their influence in the overall repair time from start to finish is in the availability and delivery of repair parts.. Most providers can respond to you service call within 7 days or less, but that WIDELY varies in this industry and the most COMMON reason for delays in providing timely service from start to finish is the TIMELY delivery of parts from Asko to the service organization. This has ALWAYS been a challenge with this company and several other manufacturers such as LG, Bosch, Equator, Eurotech, etc. and is a MAJOR factor in why many service organizations simply do not contract with them out of pure frustration. The parts are also not widely available in the aftrmarket ESPECIALLY to a "non-Asko Authorized " provider. This does NOT mean that the provider can not GET the parts, it just means that they many times cannot get them at a reasonable cost and without significant delay.As far as the number of authorized Asko providers in your area, only Asko can answer that . They do not make that information available online, but ask you to call them at 1-800-898-1879. I CAN tell you that the list will be small though, especially with regards XXXXX XXXXX repairs. Once the warranty period is over, you will find that more providers may be willing to service the machine. I hope this information helps answer your question! Please let me know if you need further information!
Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Eric,
Thanks so much. This is very helpful.
I don't know that you're allowed to make recommendations with respect to brands. If you are, do you have a suggestion for stackable front-loading washers and dryers? Sounds as though my best bet would be an American brand. I know there are some on the market but don't have a clue as to which would be "best". I don't mind paying a bit more if the machines are reliable and durable.
Thanks again,
Rosalie
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
My PERSONAL favorite brand name of all time, which I believe I share with MANY technicians and consumers alike, are Whirlpool made machines.There are several brand names that are nothing more than Whirlpool-built machines, like the newer Maytags and MOST (not all) of the Kenmore laundry line , and several other names that you can find at Lowes and Home Depot as well as Sears, XXXXX XXXXX etc ,but the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that it they are GENERALLY well built, easy to use, maintain and repair, and have a LONG history of quality and customer satisfaction. That being said, they are not perfect, and you will NOT find a brand that is.I have also recently begun to appreciate and respect the newest models from LG, because they are CONSTANTLY improving in response to technician and consumer feedback regarding bugs and annoyances that once plagued them. They seem to offer a great balance of price, features, innovative engineering, reliability and service after the sale (much improved, still needs tweaking though), all of which are very important to consumers and service providers. I would RUN AWAY from GE-built and Bosch products (just my opinion and I believe it is well founded!) Frigidaire-built would probably be my SECOND choice behind Whirlpool built. The best thing to do as a conumer is find a list of makes/models that have FEATURES you like, at a price within your range and research reliability and satisfaction across SEVERAL different sources for each one from there. As I said , there are NO perfect machines and NOTHING beats an OOLLDD Whirlpool or OOOOOOOLLLLLDDD Maytag WITHOUT all of the fancy electronics and BS that have been added to almost ALL makes/models over the years, but you will not be able to find quality like THAT in anything out on the market today. So in closing, Id say Whirlpool-built, Frigidaire-built, LG, Samsung, GE, in that order. I hope this helps!
Thanks!

Edited by Eric on 10/19/2009 at 2:08 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is great Eric. Thank you SO much
Rosalie
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Not a problem! Glad to be of assistance!
Thank You and you have a great evening!
Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.