william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Having a problem with a GE EnergyStar Hydro Heater washing

Having a problem with a GE EnergyStar Hydro Heater washing machine...just got cut off with another expert. There is a pool of water sitting in the bottom of the machine where the clothes were..and it won't do the "drain and spin" cycle...not sure about the other one.

The other expert said to look for the box near the bottom of the washer (I know exactly where it is...but I haven't opened it..) so where to go from here??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
where did you go to
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
did you get that flap open
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no! i didnt want to damage it....how do suggest that i open it? i tried a knife but i dont want to crack the enamel. i dunno what happened...it logged me off :(

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
wrap a towel over it theres a notch on the door
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

....i keep tryin...i will keep working at it but i sort of rubbed off some of the enamel on the inside of the tab lol so im going to take my time. soooo when i do get this open then what should i do?

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ill tell you how are you trying to open?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i grabbed a butter knife and put a towel around it. i got it sort of open but it popped back in. . . . i will be able to get it back on, right? haha . im terrified cuz its not mine lol
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
i understand but how r u tryingto open it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sticking the knife in the tab and pushing it down
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
you might wanna try a flat bladed screw driver i dont think the knife is heavy enough
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i got it open...
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok do you see ok set your pan under ther and pull that spout all the way out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok wow a craaaaapton of water just came pouring out
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
did you have the pan under ther like i mentioned did you clean the filter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yeah i cleaned it out but the machine is still doin what it was....:( :(. it spins one way twice, spins the other way once, and then stops and unlocks the door. lol thank you again so much for sticking with me on this ....u have no idea how much i appreciate it
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
not a problem how do you got the controls set on this
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok! so i let it go on a little while longer and it works ok now!!! :) :) there is nasty disgustingness everywhere now to sop up haha! but it works!! thank you sooooo sooo soooo much for your help!! you really don't have any idea how much i appreciate this--i have been stressing out about it all night! lol.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

well thats good that its running it was a pleasure working with you have a good night and your welcome and thank you

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate