built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer
19717507

I have a Parsons sewing gabinet and the motor no longer works.

Customer Question

I have a Parson's sewing gabinet and the motor no longer works. Is there any way to get it repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ya jogee,
Please send me your country,state and zip code and I'll find you a reair person near you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in the "East Bay" of the San Francisco bay area, California, US. My zip code is 94597
Expert:  built1950 replied 5 years ago.

Hi ya jogee,

Below is a sewing machine repair centers in your area.

Sunset Sewing & Vacuum CenterXXXXXbr />San Francisco, CA 94122(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Again,
I can check to see if the place you recommended repairs the type of motor that I have. I am finding that because the motor is not specifically a sewing machine motor, but a "sewing machine motor lift" for the sewing cabinet, no one will work on it.
Expert:  built1950 replied 5 years ago.
I need that you search the motor or the machine and find the maker of the motor.
OR the brand & Model number of the sewing machine so I can find out what motor comes for your machine. Elevator meaning it automatically comes up and out of the cabinet when you are ready to use the machine?
built1950, Handyman
Experience: Appliance Installer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is the motor inside the cabinet which raises and lowers the sewing machine that is no longer working. I will see if I can get the motor or model number for you. (I have a busy day today including Spanish tonight so will get back asap.) Thanks, Jo
Expert:  built1950 replied 5 years ago.
The model number of the sewing machine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mr. Built1950,
Sorry it took me so long to get back - I work weird hours and just got to calling the sewing machine center you suggested. I was still trying to do things a bit different, but looks like I'll take it in to your suggested place. I just spoke with the gentleman at the store and so it looks like it might work out. Cross your fingers. Thanks for your help.

Jo
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Good luck and God Bless.