Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

Im installing a Jenn Air gas stove that Im converting to

I'm installing a Jenn Air gas stove that I'm converting to propane. I've done the regulator but I can't find the top burner adjustments (listed as safety valve). I've taken this apart and there are no safety valves that I can adjust. The falme has an orange tip so I know its not right. Model is JDS8850AA
The safety valve is for a gas oven, there is a 1/2 inch brass nut for the bake and broil valve. The top you would change the burner orifice and then there is a venturi with a slide you can adjust for air intake.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is a gas stove only, oven is electric. The installation instructions say I can adjust the top burner safety valve but there is nothing to adjust, just a solid brass valve. Applaiance Parts online do not break out a seperate valve for Propane so there must be an adjustment but I can't find it. The burners on the left side go to one manifold where each is controlled by a non adjustable valve. Just passed each of these is the venturi, then the burners.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay these are the same as the one I have. Page 11 shows the part I can't find to adjust. The figures 13 A&b and 13 C&D. I do not have an adjustable valve or I can't locate where it is on the stove. I have it apart and there is nothing to adjust.
Do you see the brass end of the valve that the burner tube goes over? That is what you tighten.