Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

GE Spectra JBP78A0B2AA heating element malfunction. One of

GE Spectra JBP78A0B2AA heating element malfunction. One of the heating elements is not temperature regulated. Even at low setting element stays on at full power. Solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I am here to assist you. First by talking about the heating element I hope you are talking about the burners. If this is true then your problem is with the "infinite switch" for that specific burner. Basically they are designed to run off of resistance. When they go bad they either don't come on at all or they send a constant 220vac all the time which is your situation. You need to replace the infinite switch for that specific burner. I am sending you a link for your stove. The infinite switch is number 19 on the diagram. Make sure you order the switch for the exact burner that is bad. The switches as you will see have different wattage ratings depending on the size of the burner. Good luck and I hope this helps.