Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

how do you fix a whirlpool washer that rocks so bad during

Customer Question

how do you fix a whirlpool washer that rocks so bad during some spin cycles that it walks several inches and breaks the latch off of the front door. I have already tried leveling the feet. Btw, it did not do this during its first 3 years, and it is not a bad door latch, as I and technicians have replaced about five latches. We now just put much fewer clothes in the washer than it is made for. I suspect it has something to do with a part that stablizes the drum inside during the spin cycle. What do you think.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
If you remove the bottom front panel, you should see the shock absorbers on the left and right of the drum, check to see if they are broken or dettached.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, thanks. The two front shocks were detached. I reinserted them into the plastic attachments in the locking position. Do these things just detach from time to time, or do you suspect that the plastic connectors are broken?
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
The connectors may be broken, they normally plug in and turn 90 degrees to lock. If they just pull out they would need to be replaced.