Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have an LG TROMM wm1812cw front load washer. I am getting

I have an LG TROMM wm1812cw front load washer. I am getting an LE error code. I pulled the plug, drained it and replugged it. The drum starts to turn one way and then struggles to turn until the error code comes back.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this!
This is a VERY common problem with LGs and Samsungs and pretty much any machine with the new induction motor direct drive system. It indicates what the main controller believes is a "Locked Motor" The part you need to replace is called a Hall effect sensor on the drive motor. Some people even call it the rotor position sensor but regardless, it is part # XXXXX for your machine and will cost $16.59 from Sears, may be cheaper from YOUR favorite local appliance part supplier. VERY easy to install by removing the motor's rotor assembly, then the stator, then flipping that stator over and installing the part. VERY RARELY is it anything else causing this error, but sometimes an open coil on the stator or a failed control board can cause this, however once again, I must stress that this is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY. A new stator will cost you MUCH more and will have a new sensor, and therfore will fix the problem, but at nearly ten times the cost for the same problem. Please try the Hall effect sensor first and your problem should be solved. If it is not, we can explore other options. Please let me know if you need further information.

Edited by Eric on 10/14/2009 at 9:02 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank You I will try that and get back to you.
No problem! Ill be here! I forgot to give you the direct link to the part through THESE GUYS . This is through and they have an EXCELLENT reputation in our industry, have the part in stock, and accept returns on electrical parts which many other suppliers do not. This just gives you another option in case Sears is not your favorite supplier,and also since alot of local suppliers (depends on the supplier) ALSO do not carry LG parts.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Once again Thank you
You are very welcome! Good luck with your repair!