Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We had to throw the main breaker to repair our water well pump

We had to throw the main breaker to repair our water well pump and when we started our Whirlpool dryer after that it did not heat. It runs in every cycle but does not heat. Is there a reset button of any kind? It ran perfectly and heated perfectly before we threw the main breaker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you probably have a bad heating element in this, Part 525502these go all the time, prabably nothing to do with what you did though. do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? let me know thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I don't. This has happened before and eventually it would "catch" and start heating when we tripped the breaker. This time it won't. To explain - if the water well pump stopped and we had to trip the breaker it might take a couple of times of flipping the breaker to get the heating to start even though it was running properly. I guess it's time to call a repairman.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well the problem is you need to see if its the dryer or electrical, its sounds like this could be electrical since you say you had to reset the breaker several times in the past to get it to heat, sometimes one side of the breaker can go bad and the other side, (these are dual) will work. a dryer gets power from both sides but it will start with just one side working but it takes 220 volts for it to heat, if one side is missing this could be the issue with this. thanks Bryan