Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

How do I remove an over the range Amana Radarange Microwave

How do I remove an over the range Amana Radarange Microwave it is model # XXXXX and I estimate that it was installed in 15 years ago. I found 3 screws over the microwave hidden in the cabinet above, the plug is also there but when I loosen the screws nothing seems to happen.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.

on the cabinet on top of the microwave you have two screws that go into the microwave remove one then as the second one is about 1/2 way out support the microwave from the bottom ,finish removing the screw ,

Now the microwave will drop /swing down you can then pick it up from rear base plate and you will now have the unit off and be holding it !!

Caution ,good idea to have two people microwave about 50 -60 lbs.