Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Gas-Electric Grill-Range with Convecion Oven Model

I have a Gas-Electric Grill-Range with Convecion Oven Model SVD48600. The oven ligh is not working. I ordered a replacemenrt Oven Light assembly. What do i need to do to replace the present Oven Light assembly.

Fairplay, Colorado
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
have you checked to see if the little brass button thst touches the center of the bulb isnt bent to far in to touch the bulb.? if you shut the breaker off and check that and bend it back out a bit it might work, in the meantime i'll see if i can get some diagrams for you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have checked that electrical item. My wife broke a blub trying to replace a blub, and I had a heck of a time getting the base of the blub out of the socket. I want to replace the oven Light assembly with a new one I got from Jenn-Air parts house. What do I have to do to get the old assembly out of the oven. Do I have to move the total Range from the Island it is mounted in or can the assembly be removed through the front of the oven?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I believe this one will come through the inside of the oven. this is a drop in oven , did you recieve the new assembly yet? there should be little tabs you need to push in to remove this. let me know thanks Bryan