Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag Washer (Neptune model # MAH4000AWW serial # 40344384WW)

My Maytag Washer (Neptune model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX) just quit going into high speed spin. I have checked the belt and it is good and it sounds like the drum is turning when it is pumping the water out. It completes the cycle and stops without the high speed spin.
Thank you - Daniel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is the door locked light on the control panel lit? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan,

NO. Wen it enters into the spin cycle, it began to pump water out of the tub. It does this for an extended time, and then moves to the off position without the high speed spin, then the load completed beeper beeps, just a s though the complete cycle functioned normally.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , the light not being on tells me its the control board, the wax motor in the door lock assembly is bad causing the board to burn out.
Machine control board. *Burned resistor on board indicates another problem within the machine.
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 775784
these are why Maytag is no longer in bussines, whirlpool bought them out,
Wax motor
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
you will need to replace both the board and the wax motor, if you take the screws out along the top of the control panel and tip it forward you will see the board , look at it good you will see its burnt out, sorry, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan,

I've had the control board out, and there are no burn marks on either side of the board. I repaired mainframe computers for IBM for 20 years and I see nothing wrong with the circuit board.

Why did you say the wax motor being bad causes the control board to be bad?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
because ther was a huge class action lawsuit against maytag for this, if the lock light isnt comming on you probably have at least a bad wax motor, this is what locks the door and the machine wont spin if the door isnt locked, i'M sending you the tech sheets on this, these will tell you how to put this in diagnostic mode and then you can test the whole system, these are for techs only but you sound like you can do the tests, click this blue link, http://servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010061.pdf thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan,

Looks like I have everything I need now. The Service Manual says for series MAH3000. Is this the same as my series MAH4000.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes this covers all the models 3000 and 4000 series, thanks Bryan