Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have KEBC208 dual oven and top oven stopped working after

i have KEBC208 dual oven and top oven stopped working after cleaning cycle. looks like it works, but no heat. I live in a remote area with not service....need to fix myself
have you looked at the bottom element to see if it has any burnt spots? do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no visable burn spots.....

I do have a volt meter and know how to check continuity......

where do i measure and for what? Can i easily sway the heating element with the the bottom oven that work to isolate problem?

well you can swap them if you like, but please kill the power to the ovens before trying to remove , these are live on one side at all times, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

so i just looked more, and no heat at all is coming on in the upper oven.....

when i turn on the lower oven both the top and the bottom get hot.

what is the the commen part the energizes both heating pieces?

the oven looks like from the front panel that it is trying heat up

most likely you have a erc problem (electronic range control) or this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its the thermal fuse but i think both ovens would be out if that was blown , have you tried switching the elements yet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
have not done anything yet, i dont know what the element looks like or how to get to it. Is it pretty easy to take these apart to swap?
well not really, these are very complicated machines and are not that easy to diagnose, you dont want to spend say $300.00 and find out your wrong, I would call someone in to check this at this point, I wish there was a quick answer but I'd be lying. sorry. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am at my cabin, and the local repair shop sucks........thanks anyway
ok, thanks, Bryan