Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a dryer that is making a noise as dryer rotates.The

I have a dryer that is making a noise as dryer rotates.The dryer model is LDG312 it was bought in about 1988. It sounds like a belt tesioner or similar rotating wheel has a plastic not metalic sound . I dont have a rpair manual,and I think you would have to remove the top of washer to gain access am I correct in assuming that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well it could be the front drum glydes in this making a noise, Part 1309let me get you some diagrams so you can get this appart, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need to know how to dismantle to gain access to guide blocks it lookes like you need a drill and pop rivet gun as there anything else that could make this noise such as aIdler wheel that might but tension on a drive belt <and do you have a solution when water drips in a refergerator the ice maker is off and it is a frost free refregerator?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok heres a diagram to show you how to get the front panel off on this , remove the screws in the bottom # XXXXX on the diagram, then pull the bottom out and diconect the door switch wires, unplug machine before servicing, heres a site to get all the diagrams, just click this blue link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=+ldg312, a tentionerwould sound more like metal but with these diagrams you can check everything, and yes these glydes are riveted, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help will try Monday
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem, you can come back and ask more questions even after you accept as long as you leave the question open, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The dryer is running now and is making a clicking sound do you still think it is the glydes . Years ago I had that problem with aGE electric dryer and it was the drum glide ,but it was a loud dum dum sound with dryer rotation this is a different sound.To me it sounds like an idler pully that center hole is not perfectly round anymore
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it very well could be the pulley, how did it look when you had it appart?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will try to take apart if I dont have to work tomorrow thanks