Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I own a GE washing machine Mod. # WWSE5240D1WW. for the last

Customer Question

I own a GE washing machine Mod. # XXXXX for the last 2 weeks it would not drain I would reset the Cycle knob then it would start draining the washer and continue to finish the washing process. Well yesterday it would run the wash cycle and then I would go to get the wash out and it would still be full of water. Now all I hear is a humming when I try to reset it like I have been no draining it just go's back into the wash cycle. and will not drain or finish wash. HELP!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

sounds like your drain pump is either clogged or bad, Part 908512these get clogged all the time, you will need to take the front off to access this, about three inches in fron the side ther are clips, I'll send a diagram in a couple of minutes, you need to clean the pump out. be back soon , thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
heres the diagram,