Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a caloric gas stove [about 25 years old] model# rsd399ul

i have a caloric gas stove [about 25 years old] model# XXXXX ser#628976 the right front and rear burners are working, the left front is working, the left rear burner, sparks with a gas smell, but will not ignite, what is problem?
most likely you need to clean the little burner holes leading up to the top of burners, there should be like 3 little holes that feed the gas up the side of the burner. in this picture they will be on the side right where the little tube is facing, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=take a needle and clear these little holes, then try it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
holes were clean w/o needle. front burner still lights. spark appears a little weak,
ok you may need a spark electrode, Part 555620the ceramic on these crack and the spark is not directed to the right spot, you can get this here, you can try taking a piece of sand paper and sant the top of this it may help. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ft burner is ok, still has spark. Did sandpaper top of ceramic, looked for cracks, ceramic not dirty, small tube going to burner clean, any more suggestions?
we you may need to adjust the orifice a bit. can you lite this with a match?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, I had to work this morning, just got back, you lift the top and follow the tube back from the burner and in the tube where it connects to the stove you will see this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the gold part at the top is the orifice, turn this counter clockwise and see if the flame comes down , turn it a little at a time you dont need much. clock wise for bigger flame, you may need to adjust the air also , you will see the air adjustment there also. if this doesnt work you may have to call for service, thanks Bryan
do you still need help? I eill be back tonight just leave me a reply, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can't get one phillips off under burner plate, rounded off, used screw extractor, will not come out. I'm stuck. Thanks for your help Brian
is the burner ths same as the one i showed you? I confused which screws cant you get out. doesnt the top just lift up on this, ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no the screws hold the blue/gray pan under top, screw in question holds bracket, trying to get to orfice, so that I will be able to adjust orfice. Or am I doing this wrong?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Brian; I lit the burner , it lit. Did you mean put match in orfice hole? I did'nt do that. Got screw out, Where is air adjustment, and, how do you adjust the air? Maybe I did'nt need to take blue/gray pan out? Thanks for your help so far.
I'm sorry about the delays in replying, I'm having problems with the internet and my computer is locking up on me, when you say you lit the burner did you do this the normal way or with a match? dont put a match in the orifice hole, you shouldnt need to remove any pans under the top, the air is adjusted by closing or opening the part at the end near the orifice that lets the air in, I dont know how much more I can do from here, hope i was some help, thanks Bryan