Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

I have a Minka Aire Concept II ceiling fan with remote. It

I have a Minka Aire Concept II ceiling fan with remote. It does not have a wall switch - just the remote. After working properly all summer - the remote has stopped working and I can't turn on my fan. I have changed the batteries.

what should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

I can show you if your remote is still working and if we can established that the remote is no longer functioning, then that would be the time to decide which part to replace.

What you can do is get a digital camera and view the screen. Point the camera in front of the remote and press any button on the remote, you should see white lights blinking in front of the remote viewing from the screenof the digital camera.

You can use a cell phone camera too.

If you see white lights blinking, then the remote is still good, and the receiver of the fan is bad.

If there is no white light blinking, then the remote is bad. Just find a replacement remote.