How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a kenmore oven microwave combo Model #49425 which I

Customer Question

I have a kenmore oven microwave combo Model #49425 which I bought at sears in 1996. Never any problems but all of a sudden I was microing a hot dog and it just quit. No power on either micro and oven. I checked the breakers and they were fine, I have power to the plug(used my tester) what do you think? Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

well before you go poking around inside this please read this warning.


CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.




Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven


this model # XXXXX come up either, most likely you have a blown internal fuse. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have already accepted, thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 10/10/2009 at 12:05 AM EST

Related Appliance Questions