Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My side by side is no delivering water or making ice. We replace

My side by side is no delivering water or making ice. We replace the filter as scheduled. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the first thing to check is the supply tube inside the freezer that feeds the ice maker , sometimes they freeze, are you getting water out the front dispenser? let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no water comes out of the dispenser either, tube not fozen
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok ,behind your crisper drawer in the refrigerator fresh food section you will see this.

Part 937330this is your chiller for you water , take a hair dryer and warm this up these freeze sometimes too, try the water in the door every now and then while your heating this up and see if the water comes through then, let me know thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That did not get any water flowing. I heated it until the tubing was warm to the touch
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you must have a bad water valve, it just didnt make sense that both sides of a dual valve would fail, but looking at the valve this has a tripple valve and the outer solenoid has probably failed, it opens for both, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= you can get this valve @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-FRS6HR5HW3-%3d%3dei1259226&PartID=1259226 for $63.00, thanks Bryan