How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2007 frigidaire over the range microwave CFMV156DB

Customer Question

I have a 2007 frigidaire over the range microwave CFMV156DB D that stopped running mid use, timer still counts down but microwave doesnt run, plate inside does not turn, makes no sound
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , before we start to look at this please read this. CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061



The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven ,

 

I believe you may have a bad door switch in this, let me know if you want to go forward. thanks Bryan

Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a way I can test the door switch to know for sure that i can do at home?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well if you have a volt meter and know how to check continuty then you can test the switches.

Related Appliance Questions