Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool gas dryer (propane) Imperial Series Model

I have a Whirlpool gas dryer (propane) Imperial Series Model LGN2000KQ1. On the Timed Drying or AccuDry settings, with wet clothes in the dryer, the glow-plug activates and the gas valve opens and the chamber is heated on startup. After the first time however, when the glow plug activates the gas valve remains closed. This occurs for the balance of the cycle.
There appears to be a call for heat and the glow plug activates but whatever controls the gas valve does not work after that first time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to replace the gas valve coils, Coils part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$19.50 - Click Image to Closethese are located on the gas valve, Gas Dryer Gutsthese are easy to replace, and fairly cheap, around $20.00, @ this will take care of your problem, thanks Bryan