Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

My wrilpool cabrio washer will not spin. I have code f 50.

My wrilpool cabrio washer will not spin. I have code f 50. I have done a manual lid lock test (good) went to manual spin test got code f 50. checked all elect. plugs (good) any help please. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
That code usually means RPS sensor, it is not sensing the drum turning. Check to see if the tub turns freely. Here is the link to the tech sheet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
drum turns free and if you are in manual test mode and spin drum by hand the wash, rinse, and spin indicators all light up. washer is only year and half old. I pulled motor cover off and all looks good not sure what to do now. thanks
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
I've had to replace motor controller/RPS on these washers. I would call Whirlpool and explain situation, see if they will do anything for you. The old squeaky wheel gets the grease.