Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire Flat Top Range Model # GLEF379DSK. It showed

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Flat Top Range Model # XXXXX It showed an F10 error code and the oven was getting very hot when we reset it only to show the F10 code again. The stove top still worked for a week or so and then one night the burner we had on stopped working but the light stayed on on the display. When we turned it off the whole diplay shut off. Now nothing on the display works until you turn one of the burners on. The oven makes a low beeping sound and the burner doesn't heat up. At that point it will let me program the clock but as soon as I turn the burner off everythin blanks out again. I replaced the EOC but it does the same thing with the new one in. What in the world is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you have a shorted burner infinate switch. Part 152the other thing you need to check is the terminal block main power, this is where your cord comes into the oven on the back , check this for a burned wire.Part 726let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I didnt need to replace the EOC? I'll check the terminal block main power and get back to you. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I dont know if the erc was the problem to start with, let me know about the block, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The block looks good. No signs of shortages, nothing looks charred or burt.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok well we know you need a new infinate swtch because you said the light stays on, thats a bad switch, so what I would do is check to see if the power wires to the erc run through the switches and this may be why the erc has gone blank , replace the switch and see if the clock comes back on. allot of these get there power along with the switches to the burners. let me know if that works, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One of the white wires runs directly up to one of the switches. Does that mean that the pwer wires run through the switches as you mentioned? Would I need to replace all 4 switches? And I'm sorry I didn't catch if you said I needed to replace the EOC?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the white wire is the nutrual wire and if its bad through the switch it will make the erc not work. change just the switch that the light was on for and see if that works, dont believe unless you connected it wrong that you will need to replace erc again. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I have further questions on this can I still contact you after I've accepted? I want to make sure you get paid but I might need further help. Let me know. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes you can just leave the qustion open and I'll be glad to help, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much. I clicked on Accept so you can get paid. I've got a friend coming over early next week to help my test to see which switch is bad. I'll let you know if we need any more help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , thanks let me know, Bryan