Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a KUDC5, model # FJ2605558. I cannot get it to run.

I have a KUDC5, model # XXXXX I cannot get it to run. The following boxes are lit up: sani rinse, delay hours (on 4 hour setting) and cancel. The only way the unit starts at all is when I hit the cancel button, but it doesn't actually run the cycle. The soap container does not even open. I tried reg. tech support and they recommended I troubleshoot further via he net. They did tell me the unit was made in June, 1999. Resetting the breaker switch did not help. Help please?!
:-)
Lori
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
pleading with it wont help.LOL alright, this sounds like the control board is gone. the problem is this model # XXXXX come up, can you recheck it. ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Let's try model # XXXXX

I guess the first was just its nickname.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
much better, heres the board , Part 940021let me check your lights though before we go further, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
how handy are you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

lol. I'm a week post-op, on narcotics for pain, but certainly willing to give it a try. On the bright side, I do have a fully equipped tool-box, most of the stuff which I have used.

Bring it on...

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
love your attitude! aright we need to take the inner door panel off. you will need a phillips head screw driver I believe. shut the breaker off at the panel first. let me know when you have it off. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Lori, sorry to bother you but I need to shut down my computer for about an hour to install something, when you get the cover off on the top right corner you will see thye board I showed you , look for a ribbon that plugs in to it,it will be on the left side end of board. see if there are any bad spots on the ribbon like bends or cracks in it. and let me know , I'll be back as soon as I can, the guys here now, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The Phillips screwdriver didn't fit; looked morel ike a mutli-pointed star shape, but even the electric screwdriver head didn't work. I think could be the angle I am trying to get at it. Guess it doesn't look good for me. Will see if I can figure out how to get the door out with another driver after a rest break.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You back?

:-)

Lori

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
not ready yet, give me about 10 minutes, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok I'm back, sorry , did you get the inner door off?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Alrighty, I finally got the from panel off. It took a T-15 scewdriver. Who knew?

Now what--if you are still available for help....

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry some do and some have phillips, ok the board is near the top under I believe a black plastic piece , this is what you need to change. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
This appliance expert and I were mid-project when he had to leave and my issue was mid-way resolved. He recommended that I take off the interior door panel and we'd take it from there. My impression was that he was going to help me see if there was anything I could do on the control panel; he did not say it needed to be replaced. Great helper when we were in communication, 'though.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I thought I said you need to replace this. there is really nothing you can do to the control board to fix this, it needs to be replaced, this will take care of your problem, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.