Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I get the smell of mouse urine out of a gas oven Im

How do I get the smell of mouse urine out of a gas oven? I'm pretty sure they are/were in the insulation. I don't want to get a new oven if I can help it.
unfortulatly there is no way off getting rid of the smell, what has happened is the mice urine is baked on not only the insulation but the oven cavity itself, when I worked for another company we tried everything to get rid of the smell including replacing the insulation and cleaning everything but with no sucsess, the only thing you can do is rerplace the oven, but we found a way to keep mice out of the oven, you need to get some oil of peppermint and some cotton balls and put a little on a few cotton balls and place the around the oven on the floor and under it, mice hate peppermint and wont go near it. this keeps them away, you can also use this in other places to keep them away. hope this helps, thanks Bryan