Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I have an amana top loading washer,NTW5205TQO.The tub leans

I have an amana top loading washer,NTW5205TQO.The tub leans against the case.Are there broken springs on the bottom,and if so what are they?
There are 3 springs on this model. You would need to remove the case and visually check for a broken spring or mount. You would need to open the control panel, remove the lid switch connector and the 2 gold clips to remove the cabinet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have opened the case,and replaced one of the springs that was broken. but there is one spriing coming from where the springs mountand that goes to the frame. The guy at the appliance store said that just one of them is suppost to be there.It seems to be pulling it to that one side.
The spring in the back is actually 2 springs, one to the frame and 1 to the tub. The 2 springs in the front just go to the central tub frame.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok but if none of the springs are broken now,why does the tub rest against case?
If you lift the rear of the washer, the self leveling legs will drop, the washer will have a tendency for the rear to drop from vibration. The higher the front legs the more likely this will happen. After you re-level the machine it should be fine.