Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

MY GE side by side model # GSH25KGMD BB keeps running. The

MY GE side by side model # XXXXX BB keeps running. The inside of the back wall of the freezer gets coated with ice and then the air stops blowing into the fridge side. I emptied both sides, defrosted, cleaned the drain tube in the back and vaccumed all the dust out of the back. It seemed to be working and now it has started running again and will not stop, can you tell me what is wrong? A little over a year ago the entire fridge died while we were on vacation and we paid $400 to have the mother board replaced. I don't want to spend that kind of money on this fridge again. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
Your defrost heater is probably burned out. It sits at the bottom of the evaporator. If you unplug the unit remove the cover for the mother board, you can measure continuity between the orange wire and the wire marked defrost on the plug with only 3 wires, the other 2 say line and comp.