Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Roper dryer REX4634KQ1 I have a timer ordered for this. I need

Roper dryer REX4634KQ1 I have a timer ordered for this. I need step by step directions to remove it. I can't see by the diagram what the removal sequence is.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok this isn't to bad . first you need to pull the dryer away from the wall, unplug it, then take the screws off the back panel on the top. and remove the you will see screws holding the timer in from the back , shown in this diagram as # XXXXX there are two of them,

then take the timer down where you can take one wire off at a time and put them on the corresponding spades on the new timer, the will be marked color coded o-

, orange , v-violet, and so on you will see its pretty easy, then put the new timer up through the hole and put the screws back in and the knob on back panel on and your done, I am including wiring tech sheets, click this blue link, well wishes, thanks Bryan