Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My upright freezer GLFU2067FW4 constantly beeps! The front

My upright freezer GLFU2067FW4 constantly beeps! The front electronic panel reads 2 degrees and CE. Can I just deactivate the electronic panel?
you cant just unplug the panel in this, it controls the temperature . how old is this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
New appliance installed in new home in June 2007, so a little over 2 years old.
I believe the error ce refers to the (control electronic) which would be the control board you want to disconnect. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= is the freezer defrosting?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It would make sense that CE means "control electronic." The freezer is not defrosting - this issue has been happening off and on for at least a year but we've always been able to kind of "reset" the beeping by unplugging the freezer for a few seconds and then plugging it back in. I guess if there is a legitimate problem with the board, then it needs to be replaced. Is this something we could do ourselves? My son is great with electronics (computers, etc. - he replaced an electronic board in an electric clothes dryer for me) - maybe he could do it? Or do I have to call a GE technician?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks! We'll order the control board and give it a try.
your welcome well wishes and thanks Bryan