Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a sears kenmore model 106.52582202 side-by-side. The

Customer Question

I have a sears kenmore model 106.52582202 side-by-side. The ice maker stopped dumping ice into the bin. There is ice in the tray but it is not dumping. Any suggestions for what I should try or what the problem may be?
Thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get a good look at the fingers in the ice maker that pushes the ice out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll go look now and be right back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I see no fingers that would push the ice out, onlly the metal ice tray with ice in it. The fingers are not visible from the top or bottom and I can't feel any fingers.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok you will need to remove the ice maker from the freezer. there are three screws usually holding this in two on the top just behind where the ice is and one on the bottom under the ice maker. I believe you fingers are stuck frozen in the ice. let me know when you get this out, a word to the wise though unplug refrigerator when removing this and watch out for the bottom of the ice maker it has a heater and if this is on you will get burned, be safe unplug for about five minutes then remove,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I removed the three screws and the ice maker is hanging by its wiring. There doesn't appear to be a quick disconnect for the wiring. The white plastic fingers appear to be partially embedded in the ice. What's next?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry I was eating, well you need to defrost the ice, A hair dryer will work for this, then put it back up in the freezer once its defrosted and see if this happens again, you wont know for about a hour or more , let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is defrosted and reinsalled. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that it resumes normal operation. Will let you know how it goes before I click the "Accept" button. Thanks...
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats fine , let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, I hanen't forgotten you. The freezer is operating at normal temp. but there is no water in the ice cube tray, so I have no way to know if it is working. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, I guess you did your job and I thank you for that. At this point, I guess that I have a more serious problem and that isn't something that you bought into. Thanks again.