Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore gas dryer model 110.73932102, serial MP1903364. Dryer

Kenmore gas dryer model 110.73932102, serial MP1903364. Dryer starts, never heats up. Gas IS on and flowing to the dryer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm going to look up your model I'll be back soon , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok do you have a volt meter and know how to use it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, no.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you still there? look at this diagram and see if you can open the bottom front panel, you have to push down the clips #46 and pull the panel out at the top and down, let me know if you want to go forward with this, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Panel is off exposing ignition system and gas burner
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok great now put it on high heat and start the dryer, tell me if you see the igniter glow, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If the igniter has two wires coming to it, and is attached to the top right of the burn tub/chamber, there is no spark, tick (sound like a gas grill igniter) or "glow"
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, do not
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok, this is going to make it hard, if you could get one do you know how to use it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can't say that I would. know a bit about wiring plugs and switches, that's about it!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok well we need to check for voltage in different places to find the problem, do you hear a clack noise when you start the dryer comming from the gas valve?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

about a second after depressing start, there is ONE "clack", similar to and lower in pitch than from a gas grill igniter.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok thats the gas valve pulling in and sending a signal to the igniter through the flame sensor, there are two things you can check by eye, 1 see if you can see the igniter and check to see if its broke, these are fragile. also check this, Part 2681its the flame sensor make sure one of the two connectors isnt broke off the back of it. Gas Dryer Gutsthis picture will help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no physical signs of damage to the sensor, no broken electrical connectors.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , if I had to guess i would say its your igniter, but with a volt meter its really hard to say for sure, can you get one of those electrical testers that lights up when there is power, they sell them at Lowes cheap?. we need to see if your getting power to the igniter.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a meter with a red and black wire. when they are pressed into a receptacle or touched against wires it detects 110 volt power. i'm not sure but could look to see if it detects low voltage. further, that meter is not with me. if i come back online tomorrow, can i reach you direct or do i go in que. also, how do i obtain a part number to go purchase as the local sears parts store? or might i purchase through you? can i purchase online?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can purchase these parts onlin, and the volt tester should work fine, just come back on tomorrow (in the morning if possible ) I have to take my grandaughter to the doctors at 11:00 am. thanks Bryan