Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Potscrubber 900 dishwasher. The compartment where

Customer Question

I have a GE Potscrubber 900 dishwasher. The compartment where you put the detergent won't close and the dishes aren't getting cleaned.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
how much water is in the bottom after you fill the dish washer? also I need the full model # XXXXX look this up. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think it's water in the bottom of the dishwasher.....it's the cover on the little round compartment where detergent goes......do you do in-home service?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well I cant help you there but give me a chance to eat diner and I'll look up the parts and diagrams, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, I'm wondering if it's something I can fix. All I need is to be able to get the cover to close over the little round compartment in the inside of the door where I put the detergent. Thanks!

Maxx
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok can you get me the full model # XXXXX in these places.
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Built in

• Inside the door jamb, to the left, right, or top
  • On the door, to the left, right or top

Portable

• On the back of the unit, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
General Electric Potscrubber 900 w/temperature sensor (perma tuff)
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if you can find the tag it will have more #s on it there are aloot of 900 models and to get you the right info i will need the entire model# XXXXX will be a white or silver tag somewhere on it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MODEL GSD900D
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The problem is that the cover for the detergent cup won't stay closed
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok thats better . I believe your problem is this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the detergent cup release arm. there is a spring on these that hold the door shut until the timer comes around and opens it. you need the remove the inner door panel to access this, you really cant see it that well once you get the inner door panel off you may need to remove the timer to see it, but you may see the spring loose there . these springs are connected to a small plastic pin that breaks allot. since you need to replace the whole top control panel to fix this I usually drill a small hole where it broke off and put a screw in it. this works well if done right. if thats not broken then check this, Part 270635its the timer lever, dispenser release. thats all I can do , you need to check these things, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, I think I'll have to call someone to come and fix it. I am not really all that handy when it comes to appliances. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome, this is as much as I could do from here , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a store in Nashville?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no sorry. thats 3.5 hours from me,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your welcome, I wish I could do more, thanks Bryan