Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore XXXXXXXXXX maker not pushing ice

Kenmore XXXXXXXXXX maker not pushing ice out. it is making a clicking sound.
can you resend the model #? put a space between each # XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1 0 6 9 5 5 5 7 2 1 model #

C 2 5 S S A 9 6 type #

S F 1 7 1 2 8 3 6 serial #

ok , can you get the front white cover off the ice maker? it pulls off sometimes you need to use a small screw driver to pry it off. this is what you will see when you get the cover off, Ice Maker Module - Click Image to Closelet me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
got it..sent reply picture back from phone/text
I didnt recieve any picture but thats ok , does it look like the one I sent a picture off? if so check the center of the white gear and see if one of the two tabs is broken or missing, also check to see if the gear is loose, be carefull if the gear falls off the are live contacts under it. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is seems to be fine. not loose and i dont see any missing teeth. i noticed that the ice in tray seems to be frofen in a solid block.
ok you may have a water valve problem, when you say ice tray do you mean the ice maker bin where the ice from the ice maker falls into or do you mean the ice maker itself?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ice maker itself.

ok this could be caused by one of two problems. first you need to remove the ice maker from the refrigerator and run some hot water over it to get the ice out, also see where the fingers are on the ice maker are they frozen in a down possition in the ice? and the other thing to look for is one of the finger is hung up on the stationary fingers, or a cube is stuck preventing the fingers from turning. there will be three screws holding the ice maker in. two on the top going into the side wall ine the freezer and usually one on the bottom, take these out to get ice maker out. unplg the refrigerator before taking this out or re installing. your hands will get wet and you will get shocked from the plug,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for the tip. will get back when i remove it. 15-20 minutes.
ok thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pulled it off, removed ice, replaced, and repluged it in. it is now going thru its stages. looks pretty good. will get back later. got to go to my real job now...haha
by the way while you have the ice maker out check the tube in the back of freezer that feeds the ice maker water and make sure thats not frozen, at this point it may be because of backup of frozen ice maker, its easier to check with the ice maker out. dfrost with hair dryer if needed. I have to step out for a bit, when you get the ice maker done put it back in and let it run for a couple of hours and see if its working, defrosting it may take care of the problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
cool beans.................
talk later, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. Ice maker is running fine now..
your welcome, well wishes, thanks Bryan