built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

We had ordered a Bosch SHE45M05UC dishwasher and are now being

Customer Question

We had ordered a Bosch SHE45M05UC dishwasher and are now being told it's "off the line." They want to substitute SHE43P05UC. Do these models have identical features? Is there a closer match to the original SHE45M05UC? Or a better choice all together? I would really appreciate your guidance. Thanks.
Jan Miller [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
They are correct. The unit you ordered is discontinued and they are substituting the new replacement unit. They are esentially the same with small differences. If you would like to compare then take a look at this web page: (gives side by side comparison)[]=SHE45M05UC&skus[]=SHE43P15UC

Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thanks again and feel free to give us feedback, it will help us improve.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. I went to the website you suggested and made comparisons of the two units. Since you're an appliance expert, are there any features in the Bosch that you think are valuable or a specific model that you feel is better than we chose (even if it's slightly more expensive). Thanks for your interest and help.
Jan [email protected]
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Over the decades of working with both appliances and customers I've come to the conclusion that buying a dishwasher is much like buying a car or a house, it's very subjective. The only important advice I could give you is to check out Consumer Reports and see which of the dishwashers you like have the best chance of providing many years of service. After all there are lots that look good but which will keep you happiest over the years.