Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool refrigerator is running but not cooling. How

My Whirlpool refrigerator is running but not cooling. How do I know if the compressor is running or if it's just the fan blowing?
ok if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and take the bottom rear panel off you will see the comperessor feel it and see if it is hot. also feel its vibrating. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is warm (only been plugged in for 15 minutes), not vibrating.
you probably have a bad relay on the compressor, these have been a mojor problem on these, this is the new service kit for them, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this comes with instuctions and you can probably do this yourself, its mounted on the side of the compressor, the reason there are different relays in this kit is because they used different ones on different refrigerators, you can get this here, it runs around $55.00 , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will try that. If that doesn't work, do I need to change the compressor?
more than likely this will work, sorry for the late reply, had to go out an do a refrigerator call, go figure. any these are a big issue with whirlpool,Kenmore,Roper and Maytag. I think it will be alright, thanks Bryan