Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

In one of your ovens, X74001813, we had something cook

In one of your ovens, X74001813, we had something cook over! There was a small fire that was put out quickly. It was right under the coil.

The next time we tried to use the oven, it would not get hotter that about 200 degrees.

I checked the coil and see that there are two screws, on each side, securing the coil to the body.

Can I buy the coil and install it myself? Or what would you suggest.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes you can buy this and install it yourself, Part 3442first you need to shut off the breaker to the oven, (one side of this element is live at all times) then remove the screws and gently work the element out through the holes, these plug in and you dont want to lose the wires in the back and have to take the back appart to get them back. Part 3442 thes connectors will be bent up so tip the element up from the front to get them through the holes, plug the new element in and work it back into the holes, thats it! not to hard at all, heres where you can get this if you want, its around $36.00, thanks and well wishes, Bryan