Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

I have a front load kenmore dryer. The tumbler has stopped

I have a front load kenmore dryer. The tumbler has stopped turning. Could it be the belt and if so how do I access it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you with this today!

Please give me the exact model number from the id tag on teh machine itself. It is located on the front panel, behind the door , visible when you open the door. it will start with a "110" or a "417"
Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
XXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
ThanksCustomer
I know this is annoying and its not your fault, but please try to enter the number in the form(NNN) NNN-NNNNwith the decimal beause the Just Answer filters think the number is XXXXX phone number and automatically changes it to XXXXXXXXXX. This is NOT your fault and once again, I apologize but please try that way
Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
110.87673106
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Thanks!
That works alot better, but I think the last digit is a "0"
At any rate , since you already have the back off, please look on the blower housing for a device that looks like this :
graphic

For testing only, connect the two wires together from this thermal fuse and see if it runs now. If it does, you'll need to replace it with part #3392519 which is around $12-14 from most part suppliers. If that is the problem, you will also need to check your vent system and clean it from inside all the way outside, and remove the blower duct to check for debris/ lint built up there. The thermal fuse usually blows because of impeded airflow, moct commonly at the vent, lint screen , and/or blower housing and duct. Let me know if this does not work and we can move on.
Thanks!