Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I bought a Maytag electric dryer from Home Depot 2 years ago

I bought a Maytag electric dryer from Home Depot 2 years ago and it is now making a loud knocking noise and this felt lining has come off the back of the dryer inside. I would like to know what to do and if there is some sort of warranty. I had a maytag dryer for 15 years b4 this one.
The mod# XXXXX XXXXX and the Ser# XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok well the warranty I believe is only 1 year on this , heres a diagram to show you how to remove the front and get at the drum and the inside rear of machine. you need to push in the clips(#10) and the take the screws out (#7) and then lean the front panel forward disconect the door switch wires and then lift this off the bottom clips, put it aaside, then reach in and release the belt and pull the drum out, thats how you get to the rear of machine. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok..I'm confused. What am I suppose to do? I am asking what the problem could be and I'm a female so Im not sure what you are talking about. what do I do? I thought I was paying for something else. This is very confusing. Please help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you going to ettempt to repair this yourself? I was sending you info on how to get to the problem. the problem sounds like the rear felt drum seal has come off and is causing the machine to to knock or thump. If your not able to repair this yourself then you will need to call for service, this is not under warranty being its two years old, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do i need to buy a part and replace it? i had no clue what the noise was and what the felt piece was that was tangled up in my clothes tearing them.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes if you want to repair this you will need this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it is the rear seal which if its off or ripped it will allow you clothes to get through the back of machine and tear and tangle your clothes. you can purchase this @ hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok thank you!