built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer
19717507

I am trying to replace the light in my hampton bay ceiling

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the light in my hampton bay ceiling fan. The light says it is an emg 13/14 and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to replace it as nothing seems to unscrew. How do I do this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
Hampton Bay is a product series manufactured for sale by Home Depot, but don't go to HD for help, they only sell them. But you can call Hampton Bay directly. Make sure you have the ceiling fan model number ready when you call: 1-877-527-0313
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I understand I can call them directly. Is there some trick to replacing the compact flourescent in the light? It seems to be a solid piece and nothing unscrews as you would expect a normal bulb would do.
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Customer service at Hampton Bay can give you all pertinent info including faxing diagrams, if you ask.