Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

On our Washer the water doesnt drain and the cycle stops and

On our Washer the water doesnt drain and the cycle stops and unlocks the door shortly after it starts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
i assume you mean you cleaned the drain pump is that correct? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hey Bryan, No just the drain tube to the wall was ubstructed, now the washer drains completely. Our new problem is between rinse, spin and wash the machine stops, then unlocks the door. So you have to periodically check then hit start for it to cycle to the next mode. We think this short cycle and constant starting and stopping and unlocking has something to do with a loss of power that occured last week?

Thank you

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
does the control board go blank when this happens or does it just stall and blink?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just stalls and the green light on the start button blinks, I press start and it continues on to the next mode.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok this sounds like a main control board problem, I just replaced one of these for the same reason, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this part controls the cycles, its $168.85 though. you can purchase this @ thanks Bryan