Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher and as of yesterday the lights

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher and as of yesterday the lights on the control panel are flashing (2 of them). Hitting "stop/cancel" does not help and neither did powering down the unit. "Start" also does not work at this time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the model # XXXXX on the inside somewhere in one of these places,
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Built in

• Inside the door jamb, to the left, right, or top
  • On the door, to the left, right or top

Portable

• On the back of the unit
    thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

KUDM01TJBS0 { Both zeros}

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you will need to replace the control board in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its located in the control panel. remove inner door panel and its at the top right side in control panel, you can get this here, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-KUDM01TJBS0-%3d%3di1060952&PartID=1060952 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there really no other choice than to order a $105 dollar replacement? I am a little disappointed with the advice....
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well i wish i had better news but these boards go all the time, you can try opening the control panel and removing the riibon that goes to the touch pad and cleaning it with a good contact cleaner but I doubt this will do any good,(sometimes it does) being disapointed with the advice doesnt change the diagnoses though.but you cant fix the board it will most likely (90%) of the time need to be replaced, unfortunatly. I have allot of experiance with these boards and machines ,the reason these fail is a factory problem, the heater in the dish washer didnt match the boards and draw to many amps through the board frying them. they have since remedied the problem with the boards, wish I had better news, thanks Bryan