built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

We have a 2001 coleman 7700 that shows normal function but

Customer Question

We have a 2001 coleman 7700 that shows normal function but the air that comes out is not very warm. We replaced a part of the blower motor last winter. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,
Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you,
If we could please have the full model and serial numbers
of the appliance that you have posted your question about?
Along with any other info that you may think is important
that you did not list in your original post to us. We will
be more then happy to try to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Let the furnace tell you what's wrong
diagnostics Many of the newer furnaces will practically tell you what's wrong by locating a diagnostic code which is simply a flashing light. Often times the flashing code can be located by removing the top panel of the furnace. Item A in the photograph shows the location of the flashing code on this furnace. It uses a green light. If the light is solid it's not detecting a problem. If the green light flashes, then there's a problem. Count how many times the light is flashing in sequence and look up the diagnostic code in the furnace's manual. Or you may find the diagnostic code posted on the furnace door or on the furnace itself. For instance, on some furnaces if your code flashes 3 times that means you have a bad centrifugal switch. The diagnostic code is different with all furnaces, so be sure your looking at the chart for yours. If you have an older furnace with a pilot light, most likely it won't have any type of flashing diagnostic code system.
Please let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the green light that says it at normal function. The blower blows out air heated by the pliot light only. We are not getting the normal warm up time and the big blast when it starts. Could it be the Thermal Coupling?
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
No...If the pilot light stays on that means the thermocouple is working. I' m concerned that the main gas valve is not opening. Turn the unit off for 10 minutes and when you turn it on again watch the green light and tell me if it stays steady or if it blinks, count how many times. Turning off the electric switch should not effect the pilot light, it should only go off if you turn off the gas (not doing that). If, when you turn it on, the green light stays steady and the main burners don't come on, that would indicate a fault in the control board. If the board where working the green light would tell you where the problem was.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry we have an electic starter and the flame comes out but not as much as it should. we cleaned the flame sensor but no change. Could it be a cluttered smokestake. I will give you more money....Help.. Maybe a restricted pipe?
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that additional info. Insufficient gas flow could be caused by a couple of things; either the gas valve inlet is clogged or the gas valve itself is failing. Disconnect the gas piping to the valve and check for restrictions including debris in the valve inlet screen.
If all is clean then I suspect the gas valve may need replacing.
built1950, Handyman
Experience: Appliance Installer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much. I will try that when I get home...Thanks again for your time.

Sue

Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome.