built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

What does E 1 -F 1- on the display screen on my Kenmore Gas

Customer Question

What does E 1 -F 1- on the display screen on my Kenmore Gas Range?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,
Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you,
If we could please have the full make, model number and age
of the appliance that you have posted your question about?
Along with any other info that you may think is important
that you did not list in your original post to us. We will
be more then happy to try to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's a Kenmore Self-Cleaning Gas Range but I can't find the specific model. There are se veral on the manual:
665.72002/72004/72012/72014/75002/75004/75012/75014
665.72022/72024/72029/75022/75024/75029
and one more line. Do yoiu need the last line too? Does this help?
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Yes, give me a few minutes please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last line is
665.72023/75023/75842/75843/75844/75849
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
This is what the unit is trying to tell you:

F1 - E1
Safety flip flop
Replace Electronic Range Control/Clock (ERC)

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, you have to replace the ERC. The best place to get it would be at a Sears parts store. Give them the model # XXXXX and part name "electronic range control/clock".
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how many times are you getting paid? it seems like I've pressed the green button several times? Is the ERC something that is easy to replace by a non professional?
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
JustAnswer indicates that we have not been paid.
Pressing the green ACCEPT button once now should create one payment. Pressing the ACCEPT button more than once within a thread "our Q&A session" will still only create one payment, that's all that's allowed per Q&A session even if we go back and forth 10 times. Unless the ACCEPT button works I won't get credit for helping you.

This repair would be considered within the ability of the average home handyman/woman.
You would be the best judge of your capabilities.
built1950, Handyman
Experience: Appliance Installer
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again and feel free to give us feedback, it will help us improve.