Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My icemaker is not making ice. I changed the Smartwater filter

My icemaker is not making ice. I changed the Smartwater filter a week ago. The water pressure is fine. I have turned the on and off button on the icemaker on and off numerous times. After approx five minutes, the green light on the on/off button for the ice maker, blinks !! Help !!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to replace the ice maker, the blinking means the electronics it the ice maker have failed, Ice Maker part # XXXXX $ 92.53 - Click Image to Closethe only way to repair this is replacement, changing the smart filter didnt cause this they just go, we change allot of these, here a link to order it, http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=78 just click the blue link. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Brian....

Thanks for the quick response and the link. I will order it...I am pretty good w/ fixing things....is this a simple installation and does it come with instructions ??

I will give feedback and click the accept...thanks so much !!

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes its easy to install. its behind a panel in the back of refrigerator, it does come with instuctions and all it does is plug in. well wishes and thanks Bryan