How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE Microwave oven model JE1860WH04 bought bran mew

This answer was rated:

I have a GE Microwave oven model JE1860WH04 bought bran mew 2 years ago. It suddenly stopped working. There is no response at all. The front panel is dark, the lights are off. There is no power. I tried plugging and unplugging and I checked if there was power in the wall socket and there is. I also plugged it into another outlet and nothing. What is the problem? Is it just a fuse?

Thanks for your help
yes there is a fuse in this. these are dangerous to work on but I believe the fuse is you problem , Part 875392please read this carfully before attempting any microwave repair, CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , the fuse should be located right behind the control panel in this model, unplug the microwave before opening the panel. there should be screws holding the top vent above the door remove these ,(sometimes there hard to see.) then there should be one screw holding the control panel, take that out and lean the control panel faorward, the fuse should be in the top behind the panel, be safe, thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me the specs on the fuse so i can order one?
heres a site you can get one. click this blue link. you can also bring your old fuse to Lowes and they can get you one I believe, its a 250v/20 amp fuse, heres a diagram of the microwave, the fuse is part #2010 on the diagram, on this model you have to remove the cover I think, this is a counter top model. thanks Bryan,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Final question and then I will accept.

What could have caused the fuse failure? Somebody not to savy with microwaves did use my microwave while I was not around. Could over heating or putting the wrong stuff in it cause the fuse failure? any idea?


Good service


these fuses go for no reason at all sometimes. its possible though that someone could have caused this but I really dont think so , sometimes a power failer or spike can cause this, hope this helps thanks ,Bryan

Bryan and 5 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I will now accept. I hope that the exchange of info is save in my account

thank you and well wishes, Bryan

Related Appliance Questions