Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 12 year old GE Side-By-Side Profile with ice/water

I have a 12 year old GE Side-By-Side Profile with ice/water dispenser. Ice seems to form and drop normally, but water dispenser is now at a dribble and useless. First technician advised two possibilities, frozen water tanks or new ASM Valve. I opted for the ASM Valve since it was not that expensive with labor, and thawing out the entire unit for 12 plus hours seemed a hassle. No improvement. I thawed out the entire unit for over 16 hours, doors open, power off, etc. No improvement. Next piece of advice from "friends" now is that the water line from sink to ASM Valve is clogged....but the tech told me that IF ice was normal, clogging was not a factor. I noticed two lines from the ASM valve, one to ice and another heading upward although the diagram shows access to water dispenser via the bottom hinge area (?). Ok, so before I start with the line from the sink, and knowing that GE is somewhat of a fully enclosed back with very limited access, do I even consider a clog?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this the valve you replaced? Bracket and valve assembly
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It looks like it yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok then ,do you have a volt meter? you need to put your probes on the valve wires that go to the water dispenser and push for water, you should get 120 volts to the valve if not you have a bad contact on your control board and need to change the board. this is a common problen on G.E refrigerators, thse board fail. I'll find the best price for thye board in a couple on minutes. thanks BryanMain Control Board part# XXXXX $ 117.92 : Midway Parts!, Your E-Commerce Parts Source
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
heres the best place to purchse the board if you need it. click this blue link, thanks Bryan