Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool washing machine (Duet, front loader) and

I have a Whirlpool washing machine (Duet, front loader) and in the middle of the wash cycle, the machine stopped and the status light shows control locked which has never happened before. I have tried a few things to unlock control but am unable to do so. How do I unlock control so I can continue the wash cycle?

I'm not sure if you respond via this website or need an email address so my email [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the first thing to try is to unplug the machine for 5 minutes and plug it back in , see if that resets the board, heres the entire tech only sheet for this machine, read through it and try the diagnostic tests, let me know if any of this works, click this blue link to get the tech sheet, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I had plans and left my house yesterday afternoon and just returned. Unfortunately, the information you provided didn't resolve the problem. I was eventually able to figure it out on my own. There is an end cycle button on the panel that can apparently lock on unlock control of the washer. If the button is held for 3-5 seconds, the machine will lock or unlock and I must have mistakenly leaned on the button to lock it in the first place.

Thanks anyways.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well all that matters is you have it running again,well wishes, Bryan